Thursday, December 25, 2008

John Costelloe (Johnny Cakes) Soprano's Actor Suicide

Photo: Newsday.com

I'm very sad to report the actor John Costelloe, aka Johnny Cakes from the Sopranos was found dead in his home last week. He died from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Read More >>>

According to the New York Post - Costelloe played Jim "Johnny Cakes" Witowski, the love interest of mobster and closeted homosexual Vito Spatafore (actor Joseph Gannascoli), who had fled New Jersey after he was outed.

"I was shocked when I heard, and it still hasn't really sunk in," Gannascoli told the Post. "I never detected anything troubling about him. I enjoyed all the time I ever spent with him."

Friends and family are in complete shock due to the sudden and unexpected nature of Costelloe's death. Costelloe's latest off-off-Broadway ensemble play "Gang of Seven," had received sterling reviews - including two printed the day after he died.

My heart goes out to the friends and family of this talented actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment